Diabetics understand that good diabetes care requires constant and consistent management. But this non-stop watch often leads to care fatigue, which is then compensated for by overlooking certain care needs.
Ignoring diabetes care can lead to serious complications such as heart disease, high blood pressure and even diabetic coma. However, there are ways to alleviate the stress of care and still remain hopeful and healthy:
- Allow imperfection: Recognize that some days you’ll do better than others, and that’s OK.
- Identify care barriers: And then get what you need to overcome those barriers.
- Reframe care into easily recognizable benefits: Figure out the health benefit that is going to motivate you to do better.
- Stick to a care plan: Setting a regular routine always helps.
- Accept assistance: Don’t be afraid to ask for help to stay on track or stay motivated. Family, friends and an in-home caregiver are all great resources for assistance.
While your diabetes care regimen may be strict, remember to take it easy on yourself and don’t get burned out. At Occazio Home Care, we know that constant diabetes management can turn into a drag. That’s why our caregivers are trained to help keep diabetics motivated and on the track to better health.
Contact Occazio Home Care today at 1.855.OCCAZIO (1.855.622.2946) to learn more about our personalized care services throughout the East Central Indiana region.