Choosing an in-home care agency is an important decision. You’ll want to make sure you or your loved ones are receiving the highest quality care available from trusted caregivers. Research is essential before making any decisions. A good place to start is talking with friends, neighbors, and other trusted advisors and professionals to learn more about home care agencies in your community.
The following are some helpful questions to ask when researching home care agencies:
- How long has the agency been serving the community?
- Does the agency have printed materials explaining services and costs?
- Does the agency offer a Patient’s Bill of Rights that outlines rights and responsibilities of both the agency and the patient?
- Does the agency determine a care plan with input from the patient, his or her physician, and family?
- How closely are caregivers supervised?
- Will family members be informed of the care their loved ones are receiving?
- How are caregivers hired and trained? What type of employee screening is done?
- How does the agency ensure patient confidentiality?
- How does the agency handle billing?
- What procedures are in place to handle and resolve conflicts or problems? Who should you call if you have any complaints?
For more information on choosing the most appropriate in-home care agency for your situation, contact the staff at Occazio Home Care at 1.855.622.2946 (1.855.OCCAZIO).